Love and Facebook Friends


Love and Facebook Friends . by Sandy Penny . WritingMuse

This morning I was perusing Facebook, and I had a woman "friend" me from another country. I have a pretty open policy about friending, so I accepted her request. I always visit those who friend me so I can know what's on their site and get acquainted. I noticed a post on her page that said, "I'm sorry, I can't be friends with you because I don't understand your language."

"I'm sorry, I can't be friends with you because I don't understand your language."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. What a perfect statement of the conflict in the world. It was just cosmic.

I felt bad for the woman who felt the need to say that publicly. And, I wondered what the woman who tried to friend her felt about it. I chatted with her, and she was quite nice and said, "Oh, it was nothing. I just want to be friends with everyone." I loved her attitude, and I still felt the need to do something more from within me. I was being spiritually pushed to expand myself and my love and acceptance for others.

I asked her what language she was speaking when posting on Facebook when it was not in English, and she said she was from Indonesia. I did not know what language was spoken in Indonesia, but I found a free online auto translation site and pasted in a few of her posts. It had a selection for Indonesia, wonder of wonders. The translation wasn't perfect, but it gave me a feel for what she was sharing with her local friends, and I felt good for having taken that extra step toward understanding this person who wanted to be my friend.

I felt I had expanded my world, and I felt I had contributed to better understanding among people in the world. It was my conscious positive contribution to the group consciousness for the day. Some people are so paranoid about foreign languages and foreign people, but this is the age when we can easily translate most sites and get a better feel for the lives of people around the world.  How can we create a better world if we cannot be friends with those who speak a different language.

In hale Love . Exhale GratitudeIt is the time of Uniting in Love, not separating in fear.

Nothing can keep us apart, except our own fears and refusals, with this tool called the Internet.


Much Love to All, and All is Well.

For More free articles about love and to explore
Sandy Penny's "I Belong 2 Love" Membership Site,
Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Have Love